Announcing Azure database services for MySQL and PostgreSQL for Azure Government customers
Today, we are excited to announce the general availability (GA) of Azure Database for MySQL and Azure Database for PostgreSQL for Azure Government customers. With this GA milestone, government agencies and their partners have even more options as they work to advance their missions. These fully managed, government-ready database as a service offerings bring the community versions of MySQL and PostgreSQL to mission-critical government workloads with built-in high availability, a 99.99% availability SLA, elastic scaling for performance, and industry leading security and compliance. Building on the community edition of MySQL and PostgreSQL, lifting and shifting to the cloud is easier than ever, while maintaining full compatibility with your languages and frameworks of your choice.
Features include compute scale up to 32 vCores, offering a new Memory Optimized tier, ability to scale storage on-line independent of compute without impact to application performance, allowing greater flexibility in backup storage options, and achieving industry compliance with ISO, SOC, and HIPAA. We are also compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). As with every Azure Government service, you also get the assurance of world-class security, compliance and advanced threat protection services.
The Azure Government difference
Azure Government delivers a dedicated cloud enabling government agencies and their partners to transform mission-critical workloads to the cloud. As a government-only service, it was created from the ground up to serve the strict needs of the US government. It meets critical compliance standards and exceeds US government regulatory requirements. Azure Government is available in 8 announced regions across the United States, including two DoD regions certified at Impact Level 5.
- To learn more about the features and benefits of Azure Database for MySQL.
- To learn more about the features and benefits of Azure Database for PostgreSQL.
- To learn more about Azure Government.
- Get started with Azure Government.
- Attend and invite your team to our monthly Azure Government Meetups to stay up to date on the latest in Microsoft Azure Government capabilities and use cases.
- To explore Azure Government, request your free 90-day trial today. Or, check out purchasing options to get started now.
Source: Azure Blog Feed