We recently introduced support for HDInsight in Microsoft Azure CLI as a public preview. With the addition of the new HDInsight command group, you can now utilize all of the features and benefits that come with the familiar cross-platform Azure CLI to manage your HDInsight clusters.
- Cluster CRUD: Create, delete, list, resize, and show properties for your HDInsight clusters.
- Script actions: Execute script actions, list and delete persistent script actions, promote ad-hoc script executions to persistent script actions, and show the execution history of script actions on HDInsight clusters.
- Operations Management Suite (OMS): Enable, disable, and show the status of OMS/Log Analytics integration on HDInsight clusters.
- Applications: Create, delete, list, and show properties for applications on your HDInsight clusters.
- Core usage: View available core counts by region before deploying large clusters.
Azure CLI benefits
- Cross platform: Use Azure CLI on Windows, macOS, Linux, or the Azure Cloud Shell in a browser to manage your HDInsight clusters with the same commands and syntax across platforms.
- Tab completion and interactive mode: Autocomplete command and parameter names as well as subscription-specific details like resource group names, cluster names, and storage account names. Don't remember your 88-character storage account key off the top of your head? Azure CLI can tab complete that as well!
- Customize output: Make use of Azure CLI's globally available arguments to show verbose or debug output, filter output using the JMESPath query language, and change the output format between json, tab-separated values, or ASCII tables, and more.
- Install Azure CLI for Windows, macOS, or Linux. Alternatively, you can use Azure Cloud Shell to use Azure CLI in a browser.
- Log in using the
az account showto view your currently active subscription.
If you want to change your active subscription, run
az account set -s <Subscription Name>
Take a look at our reference documentation, “az hdinsight” or run
az hdinsight -hto see a full list of supported HDInsight commands and descriptions and start using Azure CLI to manage your HDInsight clusters.
Try HDInsight now
We hope you will take full advantage of HDInsight support in Azure CLI and we are excited to see what you will build with Azure HDInsight. Read this developer guide and follow the quick start guide to learn more about implementing these pipelines and architectures on Azure HDInsight. Stay up-to-date on the latest Azure HDInsight news and features by following us on Twitter #AzureHDInsight and @AzureHDInsight. For questions and feedback, reach out to AskHDInsight@microsoft.com.
Azure HDInsight is an easy, cost-effective, enterprise-grade service for open source analytics that enables customers to easily run popular open source frameworks including Apache Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, and others. The service is available in 27 public regions and Azure Government Clouds in the US and Germany. Azure HDInsight powers mission-critical applications in a wide variety of sectors and enables a wide range of use cases including ETL, streaming, and interactive querying.
Source: Azure Blog Feed