Microsoft is participating in SUSECON Digital 2021 to bring the latest technical integrations and support to SUSE Linux users. In the three-day event, Microsoft will participate in several activities from keynotes and demo sessions to booths.
We will share the latest innovation that enables mission-critical SUSE workloads to migrate and operate in Azure during the event. We will cover the latest advancement of SAP on Azure with SUSE Linux Enterprise Server, enabling high-performance computing for specialized workloads, the latest feature updates with SQL on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server, running SUSE workloads in hybrid with Azure Arc, and automating management services with Azure Automanage.
On the main stage, Arpan Shah, our General Manager of Azure Infrastructure and Edge, will join Dr. Thomas Di Giacomo, Chief Technology and Product Officer of SUSE, for a keynote session, “Bridging mission-critical workloads across hybrid clouds with SUSE on Azure,” to discuss the latest innovations with SUSE. And we will also be featuring Kate Goldenring, our software engineer and contributor of Project Akri, in the edge world keynote to talk about the latest development of the connected edge with Kubernetes.
Bridge workloads across hybrid clouds
Here’s a preview of what you will hear from us:
- In addition to migrating SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES) subscriptions to Azure Pay As You Go images, Azure Hybrid Benefit for Linux now also supports Azure Reserved Instances. This allows customers to save money on both the software and computing costs when running SLES in Azure. This is especially beneficial when running persistent mission-critical workloads, such as SAP.
- SUSE Gravity Stack for SAP on Azure is available for customers to enable the one-stop-shop SAP implementation and deployment, and the latest updates in capability include extended storage limit for SAP HANA from 2TB to 8TB for backup and disaster recovery, automated deployment through Terraform for SAP automation, and integration with Azure Monitor currently in preview for performance and management tracking.
- Azure High-Performance Computing (HPC) continues to bring product enhancements to market. Over the last year, Microsoft announced an 80,000 core job in one tightly coupled job, 45 percent more memory bandwidth for enhanced throughput, and more recently, a NAMD simulation that scaled to a record 86,400 cores, the scale and performance is rivaling a Top 10 supercomputer.
- The latest Cumulative Updates 10 (CU10) of SQL Server 2019 for Virtual Machines enhances its performance and security, with customizable SQL containers now available on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server. Customers can deploy SLES images with features like Azure Active Directory (AD) authentication and monitoring capabilities. SQL Server Replication and machine learning are also available with SLES.
- Azure Arc supports customers with building hybrid cloud management planes with their SLES virtual machines, and Azure Automanage, currently in preview, automatically onboards Azure management services to SLES virtual machines and automates the management, operations, and remediation for SUSE workloads deployed across the hybrid cloud.
- Finally, the next release of SUSE Rancher will provide complete full lifecycle management for Azure Kubernetes Service clusters—helping customers simplify the onboarding process with services like centralized role-based access control (RBAC), CNCF certified tooling, and first-class platinum support for SLES, Windows, and within the Azure environment.
Streamline your mission-critical workloads with Azure
The partnership between Microsoft and SUSE enables our customer’s mission-critical workload migration, deployment, and operation in the hybrid cloud frictionlessly. Supporting customers to run SAP, high-performance computing (HPC), and other SLES based mission-critical workloads in Azure with optimized performance, enhanced security, and simplified management. The unique integrated technical support, technical expertise for SAP onboarding and operation, and HPC capabilities offer customers a streamlined migration experience. We are committed to continuing the partnership with SUSE in supporting more customers to bring more mission-critical workloads to Azure.
Learn more about the latest updates
- Join us at SUSECON Digital 2021 to learn more and bring your questions to our experts. Learn more about deploying secure, reliable, flexible hybrid cloud environments using SUSE solutions on Azure.
- Read our recent blog, "Microsoft brings Azure supercomputing to UK Met Office," to learn how Azure is integrating with HPE Cray EX supercomputers for weather and climate research.
- Learn about the latest updates that include an extended storage limit for SAP HANA from 2TB to 8TB.
- Read our recent blog, “Deploying SUSE SAP HA Automation in Microsoft Azure,” to learn about automated deployment through Terraform for SAP automation.
- Learn how Azure Monitor for SAP Solutions monitors products for customers.
- Watch how Azure and AMD talk about the progress being made with Cloud Supercomputing.
- Learn more about SQL Server on Virtual Machines and how to migrate to the cloud.
- Discover how you can simplify and optimize IT management with automated operations with Azure Automanage.
Source: Azure Blog Feed