We are excited to share that Gartner® has positioned Microsoft as a Leader in the 2022 Magic Quadrant™ for Full Life Cycle API Management. This year’s placement marks the third consecutive year Microsoft has been recognized as a Leader. We believe our placement is a testament to our deep understanding of customer needs, strong customer adoption, positive feedback, and continued investments in building a differentiated platform.
Powering our customers’ digital transformation initiatives
APIs are critical to drive digital transformations in modern organizations. Thousands of the world’s largest enterprises trust Azure API Management to build, secure, and scale their API initiatives. With over a million APIs published on the Azure API Management platform today – it is a battle-hardened, production-ready, and highly scaled platform that stretches from on-premises to multicloud. Our customer use cases span a broad range from modernizing legacy applications to adopting API-first strategies to deliver innovations faster, create new revenue streams, and generate value for their customers and partners. Wegmans, a supermarket chain that re-invented the shopping experience in less than eight weeks, and Vipps, a leading Norwegian mobile payment provider that made mobile payments a norm, are examples of customers that are supercharging their digital transformation journey with the Azure API Management platform.
Delivering new capabilities for Azure API Management
Here are a few highlights of our latest features that are helping drive superior business outcomes for our customers around the world:
- Support for new API types: Customers can now publish existing WebSocket and GraphQL backends as APIs in Azure API Management with high-fidelity experience in both Azure and the developer portal.
- Support for hybrid and multicloud API management: To allow our customers to harness the power of hybrid or multicloud, we’ve enhanced the self-hosted gateway feature making it easier to efficiently and securely manage APIs hosted on-premises and across clouds from a single API Management service in Azure.
- Security enhancements: Security is top of mind for all our customers, and we have added several new features—private links, managed certificates, authorizations to configure, store and swap authorization tokens, and more additions that help fortify their security and compliance posture.
- Geographic expansion of existing Azure API Management availability regions: We have added four more regions to Europe and China, making Azure API Management available across 58 Azure regions.
Partnering for success on your digital transformation journey
Microsoft is committed to accelerating the pace of digital transformation for our customers.
- Learn how organizations like yours use Azure API Management to accelerate their digital transformation journeys.
- Download a complimentary copy of the 2022 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Full Life Cycle API Management to learn why Microsoft is named a Leader.
Gartner, Magic Quadrant for Full Life Cycle API Management, Shameen Pillai, Kimihiko Iijima, Mark O'Neill, John Santoro, Paul Dumas, Akash Jain, 14 November 2022.
Gartner and Magic Quadrant are registered trademarks and service marks of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally and are used herein with permission. All rights reserved .
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Source: Azure Blog Feed