In today’s world, organizations need to innovate and get to market faster. That needs learning latest technologies, using them in your product and deploying at a faster pace.
We are happy to announce the public preview of Azure DevOps Project. Azure DevOps Project helps you launch an app on the Azure service of your choice in a few quick steps and set you up with everything you need for developing, deploying, and monitoring your app.
Creating a DevOps Project provisions Azure resources and comes with a Git code repository, Application Insights integration and a continuous delivery pipeline setup to deploy to Azure. The DevOps Project dashboard lets you monitor code commits, builds and, deployments, from a single view in the Azure portal.
Key benefits of a DevOps Project:
- Get up and running with a new app and a full DevOps pipeline in just a few minutes
- Support for a wide range of popular frameworks such as .NET, Java, PHP, Node, and Python
- Start fresh or bring your own application from GitHub
- Built-in Application Insights integration for instant analytics and actionable insights
- Cloud-powered CI/CD using Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS)
DevOps Projects are powered by VSTS and gives you a head start in developing and deploying your applications. From the initial starting point a DevOps Project provides, you can very easily:
- Customize your build and release pipeline – ex. add a test environment to your pipeline to validate before going to production
- Use pull requests to manage your codeflow & keep your quality high
- Track your projects backlog and issues right along with your application
Source: Azure Blog Feed